The PDP template is offered for use, but doctors may use any form they wish, as long as it assists in planning relevant and appropriate activities.
A PDP may take into account:
- Structured annual conversation
- Supervisor discussions
- Satisfying training programme requirements
- Maintaining progress through the training programme towards Fellowship
- Ideas on how you can provide a cultural safe environment (personally or within your workplace)
- Ideas on how you could contribute to improving health equity for all
- Need to update clinical knowledge and skills
- The requirements of the employer
- Outcome of audits
- Patient feedback, complaints or incident reports
- Areas of practice in which a doctor feels uncomfortable
- Your health and wellbeing
- Life or career goals.
UCCIS has a facility for developing goals, activities, and actions to complete them. You can link your completed activities to your PDP.