It is possible to take a break from urgent care clinical practice and pause recertification activities. Please review the alternatives (alternative clinical recertification pathway or special consideration recertification pathway) before deciding to pause recertification. In all cases, Fellows should inform us as soon as they know that they intend to pause recertification.
Send an email to the office (email@example.com), indicating your intentions. Include the date you intend to pause and restart. You should also inform MCNZ that you are pausing your urgent care recertification activities.
It is important that you inform us before your chosen date for pausing recertification, as we are unable to backdate this.
When you wish to return to the recertification programme, email the office asking to return. On behalf of the Professional Standards Committee, the Director of Professional Development (DPD) will review your compliance with the recertification programme at the date you put your recertification on hold. The DPD will inform you of any activities to be completed either before returning or shortly after recommencing vocational recertification.
If the DPD considers that your progress would meet the criteria for poor performance in the Fellows’ performance policy, or your absence is for more than three years, your progress will be discussed with the Board of Censors who may stipulate return-to-training activities. The cost of any return-to-work activities stipulated by RNZCUC are borne by the member.
If your absence from the programme is for six months or less:
- We will note that your recertification activities are ‘on hold’.
- You remain a member of the College.
- We will continue to provide you with services (website access, urgent care course access, lightbox and ECGWeekly, ePortfolio).
- Your recertification targets are NOT adjusted.
If your absence from the programme is for more than six months:
- You cease your membership of the College.
- You cease to use the post-nominal letters FRNZCUC (or MRZNCUC in the case of senior registrars).
- We arrange a pro-rata refund of membership fees*.
- We pause all services (website access, urgent care course access, lightbox and ECGWeekly, ePortfolio).
- On your return, we set new recertification targets taking your absence into consideration.
If you do not provide a date for restarting, we will assume that your absence is for more than six months.
*The pro-rate is calculated from the date we are informed of the cessation of membership to the end of the current membership period.