RNZCUC designates certain urgent care facilities as suitable for training in urgent care. These fall in two categories:
- Community urgent care clinics
- Hospital emergency departments.
Both types of facilities must meet RNZCUC standards for:
- Facility requirements, covered in RNZCUC’s urgent care standard.
- Supervision, as detailed in the supervision policy.
- Suitable training environment.
Most, if not all, accredited urgent care clinics are approved as training facilities. Registrars should confirm with the Director of Clinical Training before commencing the training programme.
The list of approved training facilities is shown below.