Although the training programme is designed to be flexible and completed in almost any order, there are early requirements which must be completed. These are listed below. Each link provides further details on the activity:
On commencing the training programme:
- Familiarise yourself with this website, especially the pages on completing the training programme and the training programme components.
- Ensure that you have access to the Urgent Care College Information System (UCCIS).
- Finalise and ensure it includes all training programme components you need to complete for Fellowship.
- Meet your supervisor, ask them to complete the supervisor agreement form, and send it to the Training Programme Coordinator (email@example.com).
- Inform the Medical Council that you have commenced training in urgent care using this form.
- Join a peer group and inform the TPC.
- Finalise your programme completion plan with your supervisor and load it into UCCIS as your Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Pay your membership invoice (and other invoices if not HWNZ funded).
Within one month of starting the programme:
- Access the urgent care course online and familiarise yourself with the material (you should have received login details and course code from the Goodfellow Unit).
- If you have not received your books, contact the TPC.
- Access ECGWeekly to familiarise yourself with the material (you should have received login details from ECGWeekly).
Within three months:
- Complete and send in clinical notes as per the Clinical Notes Audit (CNA) instructions.
Within 12 months:
- Complete and send in your Multi-source Feedback Survey (MSFS), if not previously granted a credit for prior learning.
- Complete your ACLS/resuscitation course, if not previously granted a credit for prior learning.
- Have completed the supervision, peer group, and clinical hours requirements and provided evidence to the College of completion.
- Have completed your first structured annual conversation and developed your PDP for the coming years.
The above are items that MUST be completed – it is highly likely that you will have done much more (i.e. attended several courses, completed case studies, etc).