Although the training programme is designed to be flexible and completed in almost any order, there are early requirements which must be completed:
On commencing the training programme:
- Meet your supervisor, ask them to complete the supervisor agreement form, and send it to the Training Programme Coordinator (email@example.com).
- Inform the Medical Council that you have commenced training in urgent care using this form.
- Familiarise yourself with this website, especially the pages on completing the training programme and the training programme components.
- Join a peer group and inform the TPC.
- Finalise your programme completion plan with your supervisor.
- Pay your membership invoice (and other invoices if not HWNZ funded).
Within one month of starting the programme:
- Access the urgent care course online and familiarise yourself with the material (you should have received login details and course code from the Goodfellow Unit).
- If you have not received your books, contact the TPC.
- Access ePortfolio to familiarise yourself with the interface (you should have received login details from the College Administrator).
- Update your PDP on ePortfolio (with information from your programme completion plan and additional goals).
- Access ECGWeekly to familiarise yourself with the material (you should have received login details from ECGWeekly).
Within three months:
- Complete and send in your Clinical Notes Audit (CNA) for assessment.
Within 12 months:
- Complete and send in your Patient Satisfaction Survey (PSS), if not previously granted CPLE for this.
- Complete your ACLS/resuscitation course, if not previously granted CPLE for this.
- Have completed supervision, CPD, clinical hours requirements as per the training programme requirements and loaded the information to ePortfolio.
The above are items that MUST be completed – it is highly likely that you will have done much more (i.e. attended several courses, completed case studies, etc).