RNZCUC has a non-clinical recertification programme for those Fellows who no longer practice clinically (in any branch of medicine) and wish to retain their vocational scope in urgent care.
Differences between this programme and the main programme:
- The clinical audit requirement changes – one clinical audit per year remains but no longer the mix of CNA/MSFS/option as per the main programme. The clinical audit is appropriate to the Fellow’s work.
- SAC should be with a peer.
- No resuscitation course requirement.
- Annual CPD points should be 9, but there are no additional CPD points required for the triennium.
On return to the main programme, if the Fellow has been on the non-clinical pathway for more than three years, the Fellow:
- Will require 6 months of supervision, with a supervisor report submitted to the College at the 6-month point.
- Should submit notes for a clinical notes audit, and complete one MSFS within the first 6 months of return.
- Will be required to have completed the NZRC Core Advanced resuscitation course within the year prior to return.
If the Fellow has been on this pathway for more than X (tbc) years, additional return to scope requirements may be recommended by the Board of Censors.