RNZCUC has a non-clinical recertification programme for those Fellows who no longer practice clinically (in any branch of medicine) and wish to retain their vocational scope in urgent care.
- No Clinical hours requirement.
- A structured annual conversation
- The professional development plan (PDP) focuses on non-urgent care items.
- Peer group activities of 6 hours per year continue but discussing cases relevant to your practice.
- No resuscitation requirement.
- Audit and other tools to measure and improve patient outcomes of one per year remains, but audits should be appropriate to your clinical practice.
- Completion of the essential knowledge quiz each year.
- Educational activities relevant to your practice of 9 hours per year.
An up-to-date resuscitation course should be completed within 3 months of return to the main recertification pathway (this will be a full resus course if the previous full course was more than 2 years ago).
If the Fellow has been on the non-clinical pathway for more than three years, the Fellow:
- Will require 6 months of supervision, with a supervisor report submitted to the College at the 6-month point.
- Should submit and pass a clinical notes audit on return
- Complete one MSFS within the first 6 months of return..
- Will be required to have completed the NZRC Core Advanced resuscitation course within the year prior to return.
- Additional return to scope requirements may be recommended by the Board of Censors.