Fellows on the urgent care recertification programme and registrars on the training programme, complete:
- every three years, an 8-hour, assessed, resuscitation course (NZRC CORE advanced course), and
- in the intervening years, a 4-hour refresher course (NZRC CORE skills course).
Note that the NZRC CORE immediate does NOT meet RNZCUC requirements. A registrar or Fellow may choose any ACLS so long as they are NZRC accredited .
An NZRC ACLS instructor who is actively teaching courses is exempt the refresher requirement (but should record this in UCCIS). They are required to complete the CORE Advanced course once every three years.
The courses listed below are accepted as an alternative to ACLS CORE Advanced. You should record them as a resuscitation course (8 hours) in UCCIS, uploading the certificate as supporting evidence.
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support)
- APLS (Advanced Paediatric Life Support)
- EMST (Early Management of Severe Trauma)
- ELS (Emergency Life Support)
- EMSB (Emergency Management of Severe Burns)
- PALS (Paediatric Advanced Life Support).