The College has designed the programme to be flexible, so you are able to start at any time and complete it on a part-time basis.
To gain Fellowship, other than where granted a credit, registrars will be required to:
- Have four years and 3000 hours of approved clinical experience.
- Complete the online Urgent Care Course.
- Pass the exam (UCPEX), normally run once a year in November.
- Complete PALS or APLS.
- Complete a College-approved trauma course.
- Complete a College-approved communications course.
- Be assessed as competent in a range of skills.
- Attend the Skills Demonstration and Assessment Weekend.
- Attend specialist clinics.
- Complete case studies.
- Complete three university papers:
- Clinical Epidemiology / Biostatistics
- Trainee selected (approved by College).
- Complete research in urgent care and submit a paper to the College.
- Fulfil ongoing CPD and supervision requirements.
- Gain Board of Censors approval to exit the training programme and be awarded Fellowship.
Those wishing for further information should read (links):