The Urgent Care College Information System (UCCIS) will be an overarching information system providing (or linking) all of the IT and IS the College uses. This will greatly improve ease of use for members, and increase the efficiency and productivity of the College adminstration. UCCIS is being built in phases. UCCIS will evolve further over time as we realise the benefits that an integrated system provides the College and members. Already in place are:
- Personal profile information management (the “CRM”).
- CPD planning and recording to allow planning and recording of recertification activities.
- Training programme summary (TPS), allowing planning and recording of training programme progress
- PDP development through a goal-setting function within the CPD/TPS.
- Peer group management, including meetings
- Supervisor linkage with registrar, and supervisor visibility of registrar’s TPS.
We’ve created guides:
- What you see on your CPD plan (Fellows)
- What you see on your TPS (registrars, and supervisors when viewing a registrar’s progress)
- A simple guide on adding planned or completed activities.
- How we use the UCCIS monitor status colour codes to guide us (and you) on compliance, checking, oversight, and more.
- How peer group coordinators manage their peer group
- How peer group coordinators create and manage a meeting record
- How peer group meeting attendees record planned or completed peer groups to their CPD/TPS record.
We’ve also made several tutorials explaining functions available within UCCIS:
- Tutorial 31 Mar recording available here.
- Tutorial 12 Apr recording available here.
- Tutorial 27 Jun recording available here.
- Tutorial 7 Oct, covering how to develop PDP and record planned activities. Available here.
If you notice profile information or CPD information which is incorrect, and you cannot edit it yourself, please email either Alex (registrars) or Claire (Fellows). If you notice any errors with your information, or discover a ‘bug’ when the system crashes, please advise the GM (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Please provide a description of what you were trying to do if a bug is discovered.
Coming online in 2023:
- Enhancements to peer group management to enhance ease of use.
- Quarterly appraisal form (required for registrars) to be completed online, within UCCIS itself (currently there’s a pdf upload requirement).
- Structured annual conversation (required for all Fellows) to be completed online, within UCCIS itself (currently there’s a pdf upload requirement).
- Further guides, instructions, and webinars to explain how to use UCCIS.
- Requiring that you declare workplaces when claiming clinical hours, with registrars limited to claiming such hours at approved training facilities.
- Application process management, allowing applicants to view their personal training programme requirements after any recognition of prior learning.
- Any College-provided learning resource, such as the essentials quiz, once completed by a user, will update the CPD or learning record automatically.
- Any centrally managed courses you complete will be loaded as an activity directly into your CPD/TPS record.
- The online urgent care course will be embedded within UCCIS so that when you complete a module and its quizzes, that will be recorded as a completed activity in the training programme or CPD record. The material itself can be updated in a more timely manner and we will start to create more dynamic learning opportunities within the course.
- Office reporting functions to allow us to oversee the management of recertification and training programmes.
Coming in 2024
- One login username and password to access all current platforms (UCC, learning resources, profile management, CPD, training programme, supervision, etc).
- Loading and marking of assignments (case studies and MLP) will occur within UCCIS.
- Further enhancements to facilities management (especially approved training facilities) and the management of our Approved Supervisors.
- We’ll link events and invoicing, membership and invoicing, etc. It may not be totally ‘seamless’ but will be easier and simpler to understand and use for all.
- Using your summarised profile and CPD/training information, we’ll have data to support College strategies and decisions, and make improvements to the training programme, Fellow training, and the recertification programmes.
- The ability to form specialist groups, based on special interests or education.