The Professional Standards Committee (PSC) is responsible for matters relating to professionalism and specifically ensuring Fellows compliance with the recertification programme.
- Advising the Executive Committee on clinical issues.
- Promote best clinical practice, including prudent use of treatments and investigations, as by the “Choosing Wisely” initiative.
- Setting standards for professional behaviour.
- Setting the CPD requirements, including ongoing review and updating based on stakeholder feedback.
- Confirming CME activities meeting College requirements.
- Setting clinical audit standards and approving new audits that meet those standards.
- Writing, reviewing, updating and applying the supervisor policy
For Fellow-related matters:
- Checking compliance with recertification.
- Detecting and remediating poor performance, and reporting it where there is a public safety issue.
- Arrange practice visits for Fellows.
- Marking, analysing and acting on Fellows’ audits.
- Writing, reviewing, updating and applying the Fellows’ performance policy.