As you know, this year Te Rā Haumaru Tūroro o Aotearoa | Aotearoa Patient Safety Day will be celebrated on 17 November 2020.
The day is coordinated by the Health Quality & Safety Commission, with support from ACC and PHARMAC, and promoted throughout the health sector. The theme is Getting through together | Whāia e tātou te pae tawhiti.
As previously indicated, the Commission will be supporting the day by providing you with the following:
- Two short videos to promote on social media. The first is a thank you from consumers to health care workers who worked through the COVID-19 response. The second features providers talking about how they have taken care of their staff’s wellbeing this year, and why it is so important health care workers look after their own mental health. These are embargoed until 17 November 2020.
- A webinar focused on mental health and wellbeing. Speakers include Rachel Prebble, organisation development manager at Capital & Coast District Health Board (DHB) and a clinical psychologist. Rachel led the development of a wellbeing framework for the DHB and coordinated the staff welfare and wellbeing response to COVID-19 for Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley DHBs. You can register for the webinar here.
- Some suggested social media posts, which will be sent to you the week of 9 November.
We continue to encourage you to hold a morning or afternoon tea, or other event to engage as many health care workers as possible on 17 November. This is an opportunity to acknowledge that this has been a difficult time, encourage staff to connect and support each other, and to say thank you for their hard work and dedication.
You might like to use some of the Mental Health Foundation resources from the flyer. The resources are available for download, however, if you would like to order hard copies then please do so ASAP as it may take up to two weeks for them to arrive. The flyer contains all the links you need for downloading and ordering.
Worksafe also has some useful information focusing on what managers in the health sector need to know to keep their people healthy and safe. This includes:
- A guide to managing health and safety at work
- Managing health and safety – myth busting
- Supporting mentally healthy work
Thank you for your support for Te Rā Haumaru Tūroro o Aotearoa | Aotearoa Patient Safety Day 2020.