It is possible to take a break from urgent care clinical practice and pause recertification activities. In all cases, Fellows should inform us as soon as they know that they intend to put their recertification on hold or pause clinical practice. We cannot backdate the start date of your pause in recertification activities or cancellation of membership.
Send an email to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating your intentions. Include the date you intend to put recertification on hold and your planned return date. We will inform MCNZ that you are pausing your urgent care recertification.
When you wish to return to the recertification programme, email the office asking to return. On behalf of the Professional Standards Committee, the Director of Professional Development (DPD) will review your compliance with the recertification programme at the date you put your recertification on hold. The DPD will inform you of any activities to be completed either before returning or shortly after recommencing vocational recertification.
If the DPD considers that your progress would meet the criteria for poor performance in the Fellows’ performance policy, or your absence is for more than three years, your progress will be discussed with the Board of Censors who may stipulate return-to-training activities. The cost of any return-to-work activities stipulated by RNZCUC is borne by the member.
If your absence from the programme is for less than six months:
- We will note that you have paused recertification activities
- You remain a member of the College
- We will continue to provide you with services (website access, urgent care course access, lightbox and ECGWeekly, ePortfolio)
- Your recertification targets are NOT adjusted.
If your absence from the programme is for six months or more:
- You cease your membership of the College
- You cease to use the post-nominal letters FRNZCUC
- We arrange a pro-rata refund of membership fees
- We pause all services (website access, urgent care course access, lightbox and ECGWeekly, ePortfolio)
- On your return, we set new recertification targets taking your absence into consideration.