Patients are advised to read the Ministry of Health advice to patients. Clinics and health professionals please refer to the Ministry of Health guidelines for health professionals, and check regulary for updates.
Updates from the Pandemic Response Committee
The Pandemic Response Committee regularly sends out emails. If you are not receiving them, and would like to, please email email@example.com.
- 7 April 2020 PPE; MoH meeting; Telehealth
- 6 April 2020 Financial support; new topics; critical care contact
- 4 April 2020 CDC policy on mask use; Reuse of PPE
- 3 April 2020 Revised case definition; PPE; MoH; Telehealth; Government updates; Cold and flu centres
- 2 April 2020 DHB liaison; PPE; Financial support; GP leaders' forum; Case definition; Other forum topics
- 1 April 2020 Financial support for UCC; Comms with MoH; Clinic opening hours; PPE; New forum topics
- 31 March 2020 DHB liaison; Ventilator staff; Working in many facilities; Financial assistance for UC; New forum topics; AGM
- 28 March 2020 Resuscitation guidelines for Covid19 patients; Forum topics
- 27 March 2020 PPE supplies; C19-susceptible doctors; Forum topics
- 26 March 2020 PPE supplies; C19-susceptible doctors; Telehealth; Financial support for UCC
- 23 March 2020 Covid19 update
- 22 March 2020 Reducing spread of Covid19 in medical facilities
We have set up a forum where members can share ideas. You will need to log in to the website to access.
There is a thread about separating patients into potential Covid19 and non-Covid19 groups, and how this might be handled locally and regionally.
Resuscitation guidelines for Covid19 patients
NZ Resuscitation Council guidelines on resuscitation of Covid-19 patients, including PPE recommendations:
We did not achieve a quorum at the AGM called for 28 March. The ExC will propose a date to reconvene the AGM. There is no change to membership fees, and the ExC members previously voted in by members remain in post.
Training and recertification
The Professional Standards Committee has approved a one-year extension to all recertification activities.
The Education Committee recognises that the current situation will impact members’ ability to complete in-person training programme components for the forseeable future.
There are opportunities to complete training and recertification activities on-line.
Clinic audits and accreditation
Clinics have been given a six-month extension to audit dates. More details are available in a separate post.
College meetings and events
We will make a final decision regarding the Skills Demonstration and Assessment Weekend at the start of June. The videos taken at the 2019 SDAW will be available online soon.
The Urgent Care Boot Camp will be webinar-based in 2020.
We are monitoring events and will make decisions regarding the Fellowship Ceremony and Dinner, and UCPEX 2020 later this year.