Thank you to all who completed the annual survey. This year we asked more questions about things important to the College strategy with the aim of making the training and recertification more beneficial to the members.
The results are available online. In general, responses were positive, and I am feeling reasonably pleased that we scored highly in almost all areas. In the areas that we scored less highly (more ‘neutral’ scores than ‘agree’ scores), we are already looking at initiatives to improve:
- We’ve already a project in place to bolster post-Fellowship training, including training for MD such as leadership training.
- We have a forum available for MD if you wish to join peer MD to discuss challenges and initiatives.
- Supervisor training is available online and we also have the stage 2 workshop that we run once per year.
- We are looking to improve the feedback process (both ways) between the registrar and supervisor.
- We are already providing feedback to examiners and will explore pre-examination training this year.
- We are about to release our revised cultural safety and equitable outcomes policy for wider consultation and a resources web page.
- We have registrar representatives on the Executive Committee, the Education Committee, and we are forming a registrar subcommittee to the Education Committee. We’ll update the names of these after the AGM (in case there are changes post-AGM).
The survey was anonymous, and individual responses will not be shared. If you do need to discuss anything in the survey please email the GM (email@example.com) who can put you in touch with the right people or committee.
We did have a way of tracking who completed the survey, to allow us to make the draw for prizes offered as a ‘sweetener’ for completing the survey. We are pleased to announce the winners:
- 1st : Selim Kabir – free ticket to Bootcamp (both days) valued around $350
- 2nd : Jean Kelly $100 book voucher at Unity Books
- 3rd : Alexandra McDonald – $50 Might ape voucher.
I (GM) will be in touch with the winners by email.
Remember too that you can claim up to one hour of CPD for completing the survey.