Medical Director Position 0.5FTE – 0.8FTE
We are seeking a doctor who is a Fellow of RNZCUC, or working towards this qualification, to lead our Urgent Care team in Nelson. An ability to lead the General Practice also would be desirable.
The Medical and Injury Centre is an accredited Urgent Care Clinic co-located with a small General Practice near the city centre. Our clinic has 29000+ patient presentations per annum. The clinical team compromise of Urgent Care Physicians, General Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners.
The clinic is open 8am-10pm however we are particularly interested in applicants who can work between 8am-7pm Monday – Friday for a minimum of 20 hours per week. We are flexible.
You will bring the following qualifications and experience:
- Fellowship with RNZCUC or working towards this qualification in the next six months
- Current annual practising certificate
- Considerable leadership and urgent care experience
- Familiarity with acute presentations including:
- X-ray and treatment of minor limb injuries
- ECG interpretation
- Community based IV therapies
- CORE Advanced certificate
We offer a great place to work with job security and a supportive team
No after hour commitments (unless desired)
Perfect work/life balance
Additional benefits negotiable
Visit our website www.micn.org.nz for a position description. To apply please contact:
Wolfgang Kloepfer, Wolfgang.Kloepfer@nbph.org.nz