Please note that applications received after the start of November may be delayed due to UCPEX and end-of-year reporting. We recommend applying BEFORE November if you wish to start in January the following year.
1. You can apply to join the College training programme at any time.
The eligibility criteria for the training programme are within the Fellowship regulations, and are:
- Registration with the MCNZ or other RNZCUC-approved registration body
- Current annual practising certificate or equivalent proof of registration
- Completion of the first post-graduate year (‘PGY-1’) or equivalent to the satisfaction of the Medical Council of New Zealand, or another RNZCUC-approved registration body.
2. After your application is received, the College confirms that you are eligible, then identifies any prior learning and experience based on the information you have provided. Emergency medicine specialists are often eligible to follow the accelerated pathway to fellowship.
3. The applicant develops a plan for the completion of the remaining requirements. Those in PGY2 will need to demonstrate that their rotations and attachments will allow them to complete the required training programme elements.
4. The applicant is invited to an interview as part of the selection process.
5. If successful, the applicant is offered a place on the training programme and to gain Fellowship by meeting the Fellowship criteria.
6. The applicant accepts their place on the training programme, nominating their preferred start date.
The College does not charge a fee for the processing of the application form. We normally acknowledge applications promptly. If you have not heard back within 3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full details are available in the training programme selection policy.